Oct 26 2010
One of my most popular event is my Annual Riverfront Stampin Retreat that I do every June-July. Since it's such a special event, I have decided to create twice a year! Oh yes, on November 20th you will have the opportunity to come to my home to make and learn 20 NEW techniques at my Semi-Annual Riverfrontstampin technique retreat. For more details view here. Note: if there is more than 20 people, location will change. RSVP now to save your spot with paypal link! There will also be a 12×12 scrapbooking, full card & 6×6 recipe swap, theme is Christmas and The Holidays!
This past Sunday I was a speaker at Sherida's team meeting ( a fellow demonstrator). What I love about "get togethers" with other demonstrators is that you always learn something new. I was privileged to make 3 wonderful make and takes. One of them was this awesome technique that I haven't done before, it's simple and yet so beautiful. I hope the image is clear to you, if not you need to try this at home and please forward me your card and comments.
Technique of the week: Painting with embossing technique
Embossed Painting is a technique that allows you to combine 3 or more of your favorite colors in one embossed image.
1. First put your 3 colors of embossing powder in 3 separate small containers.
2. Run embossing buddy on the cardstock you are going to stamp
3. Stamp an image on cardstock using VersaMark Ink pad.
4. Sprinkle each color of emboss powder over the image, one at a time.
5. Add a little sampler of each of the embossing powder in different containers.
6. Start with the color you want to show most and sprinkle. Cover only a small part of the image with your first color then move on to the next color until the entire image is colored!
7. Heat set!
Voila! an elegant card, imagine this technique to create masculine cards! I am always trying to find cool techniques for masculine cards. I will sure try this one out!
Products used for this card:
Stamp set: Sanded #109294(w),Many Merry Messages #116586 ou en français, Nombreux Joyeux messages #107714, Lovely As a Tree # 115026
Cardstock: Crumb cake #120953, Basic Black # 121045, and Brushed Gold #102935
Ink: Versamark ink pad #102283
Accessories: Embossing buddy # 103083, Heat tool #100005, Embossing powder: gold #109129, silver #109131 and black #109133, Basic Black satin ribbon #117285, gold brads #104337
***Want a free stamp set, take advantage of my Online VIP club! + BONUS gift = free tutorial included!
Happy Shopping and don't forget to check out the clearance rack!