Nov 26 2010
I love to scrapbook about my kids but for the first time I focused on a page of Tony and I. We always have a Halloween party with different themes every year. This year our theme was Mardi Gras. You won't see us much with our masks as we removed them cause they were so hot. I love the products in the mini which focused on Halloween and challenged myself to use them all.
You must think I'm crazy because it's November and I am scrapbooking about Halloween and in August I was making Christmas cards. Well I always scrapbook with what inspires me that day. Also at our club day we decided our theme for each month and in November, we knew we would have plenty of Halloween pictures. You are welcome to come next month. Our theme is Holidays and Christmas and it will be on December 28th. It's always the 4th Tuesday of the month. I hope to see many of you.
I had seen a scrapbook page at one of our team meetings and decided to add more elements. I used this page at a stamp club this month. Our theme was Halloween but I focused on textures. Like usual you will not see all the elements in this picture, but live it is beautiful.
Texture but How?
1. The first thing I did is wheel the midnight musings wheel with versamark on my cardstock and I took out my pastels and daubed black pastel on the versamark. Wow I think I hadn't done that in so many years but this technique still wows me:)
2. I added the black flourish designer jewels from the mini p8
3. I passed the word BOO and the top note die shape with the textured embossing folder spider web on p.6 of the mini
4. I added the black lace called raven from p.8 of the mini
5. I also crimped the black waffle paper
6. I punched out bitty bat large punch and popped them with dimensionals
7. Before adding my pictures I spritz a combination of champagne mist with rubbing alcohol
8. One of the top note die was embossed with the spider web embossing folder and I sanded it with a sanding block to create a felt texture.
There you go 8 techniques to add texture to a page!
Have a great weekend and for my friends in the states Happy Thankgiving!
Also if you love Scrapbooking like I do, Join me for a Stamp-A-Rama Day in your pyjas on Dec 19th. Details HERE
Have you done your Christmas shopping there is still time 6 days left for:
1- Starter kit at only 107,50$ click HERE for details
2- Up to 50% off on products and free shipping on online orders over 200$ Click HERE for details.
***Want a free stamp set, take advantage of my Online VIP club! + BONUS gift = free tutorial included!
Happy Shopping and don't forget to check out the clearance rack!