Jan 18 2011
By far the 2011 leadership projects are the best Make & Takes everrrrrrr…. I love how they used lot's of new products from the occasion mini, from Spring time Vintage fabric with the Fun Flowers Bigz L Die, to Beveled Windowpanes, to Trinket Crowns, pearl baubles and we received the clearly for you set and made fun projects that I can show you at your next workshop. There were 6 Make & takes: Today I will share you the first project and by the end of the week, you will have all of them, instructions and pictures, just like if you were with me at leadership:)
Make and take # 1
**picture taken outside, I just broke my light for my shadow box. A 22$ light grrrrr! This is the second I brake you would think I would have learned my lesson:)
Stamp: Clearly for You set (w) #121911,(c)#121976
Cardstock and Paper: very vanilla cardstock #101650, first Edition Designer series paper #121878
Ink: basic black classic ink #101179
Accessories and tools:
Very Vanilla 1/8" tafetta Ribbon #119960, Baja breeze seam binding #122331, very vanilla Seam binding #120999, victoria 5/8" crochet Trim #118481, Springtime vintage designer fabric # 121817, Champagne Mist shimmer paint #116806, 1" beveled windowpane #121881, Paper daisies #119243, 2 3/8" scallop circle punch #118874, big shot #113439, fun flowers bigz die #121812, sponge dauber #102892, trinket keys #121892, pin back, hot glue gun, stapler.
Instructions provided by Stampin'Up!
1. Paint Paper Daisy petals using shimmer paint and sponge daubers; set aside to dry.
2. Cut flowers from Springtime Vintage fabric using Big shot and fun Flowers Bigz Die. (Save fabric scraps to use on Monogram insert.)
3. Spray several fabric flowers with fabric starch and crumple. Lay flowers flat to dry.
4. Punch three scallop circles from First Edition Designer Series Paper using 2 3/8" Scallop Circle Punch. Crumple scallop circles.
5. Stamp butterfly image in Basic Black ink on very vanilla card stock. Paint with shimmer paint, let dry and cut out. Cut 1" from Victoria 5/8" Crochet trim. Adhere butterfly image to crochet trim.
6. Thread vanilla seam binding through beveled windowpane. Adhere butterfly and Victoria Crochet Trim to very vanilla seam binding under beveled windowpane.
7. Thread very vanilla 1/8" taffeta ribbon through Trinket key, and then tie around ends of vanilla seam binding.
8. Layer fabric flowers, securing each layer with hot glue. Add paper and ribbon layers, looping ribbon several times and securing with staple. Add paper daisy and two small fabric flowers and secure using hot glue.
9. Adhere beveled windowpane on top with hot glue.
10. Adhere pin back to brooch using hot glue.
Voila! These steps are easy to follow and bonus: no sewing required:)
Want to order these products to make your own brooch, click on my link below!
***Want a free stamp set, take advantage of my Online VIP club! + BONUS gift = free tutorial included!
Happy Shopping and don't forget to check out the clearance rack!
Local to eastern Ontario or Quebec? I'm a short drive from Ottawa, Montreal and Surroundings. I'm bilingual, French and English and I'd love to stamp with You in the language of your choice!