Jan 22 2011
Although I didn't accomplish my entire list of things to do yesterday, today was another productive day. I am so embarrassed to say that WE STILL HAD OUR CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS UP! Is anyone else in the cyber word in the same position as I am? So embarrassed! I never remove them before January 1st because it saddens me too much. The house is so warm and inviting with our Christmas decorations and January is so cold here, in Canada. So I try to keep them a little longer to keep the warmth inside.
Then I got busy with leadership preparations, and didn't remove them. This week was also busy and I hosted my first sale-a-bration workshop. So today, my dear husband helped me and we got them down. Although the house feels a little empty, I'll try to find and make a few decorations for valentine's day.
Today, I'll be sharing Make & Take #5 and tomorrow the last make & take + the bonus my digital studio card we received from our MDS class at leadership. It was hosted by Sara Douglass. I have been using the program lots, but this class was refreshing and I learned two new things that I can implement in the future. I wish that class was a little longer. If you have mds do not forget to update your downloads. Also, during sale-a-bration starting the January 25th, if you order for 60$, you get to receive free downloads!!!
Make and Take #5
Stamps: Clearly for you #121911(w) #121976(c), Tiny tags Set #118091(w) #118592(c)
Card stock and paper: Crumb cake card stock #120953, naturals white card stock #102316, botanical gazette designer series paper #121783
Ink: Basic black #101179, crumb cake #121030, not quite navy #103008, soft suede classic ink pad #115657, crumb cake stampin'write marker #120967
Accessories and tools: Crumb cake seam binding #122332, vanilla seam binding #120999, Chantilly lace trim #118480, champagne mist shimmer paint #116806.
Instructions provided by Stampin'Up!
1. Ink background image with crumb cake ink, stamp off on scrap piece of paper, then stamp on Natural white card stock insert.
2. Stamp bird and crane images in basic black ink on naturals white card stock insert.
3. Outline bird image with crumb cake stampin'write marker.
4. Ink sponge daubers using not quite navy and crumb cake inks and daub insert.
5. Stamp "No.5" in not quite navy ink on insert.
6. Paint bird and crane images using champagne mist shimmer paint using aqua painter
7. Stamp "friends" sentiment in basic black ink on naturals white card stock and cut out. Paint edges with champagne mist shimmer paint using aqua painter.
8. Cut 1 1/4" piece from end of Chantilly lace trim.
9. Adhere crumb cake scrap to insert using snail adhesive.
10. Apply snail adhesive over top of crumb cake card stock scrap. Adhere Chantilly lace trim to adhesive, gathering as you go.
11. Adhere sentiment over gathered piece of Chantilly lace trim.
12. Tie remaining Chantilly lace trim through charm to use as chain. Tie seam binding pieces to trim where desired.
13. Use botanical gazette designer series paper as back insert.
I love it, this was my favorite insert at leadership. I love the techniques and my favorite color is blue:)
Check out Make and take #1 , Make and take # 2. and Make and take #3 Make and take #4 Tomorrow another fabulous project and instructions from leadership. Order these products to create a gift made from the heart!
Hope your weekend is fabulous!
***Want a free stamp set, take advantage of my Online VIP club! + BONUS gift = free tutorial included!
Happy Shopping and don't forget to check out the clearance rack!
Local to eastern Ontario or Quebec? I'm a short drive from Ottawa, Montreal and Surroundings. I'm bilingual, French and English and I'd love to stamp with You in the language of your choice!Share on Facebook