Sep 09 2011
So this is my first blog hop. I am part of Josee Smuck's downline, her 4th level down, actually. Since Josee has moved to Winnipeg 1 year ago, we don't get to do much as a team anymore. When she announced the blog hop, I thought of two things, first it challenges me to create and second, what a great way to reconnect with our inkies team members again. As time goes by, I'm sure we will grow and have the biggest blog hop since there are so many talented demonstrators. Remember in the beginning of the week, I shared my first Halloween treats. Well today I'm going to show you a similar project but Kim style and post the instructions too.
Instead of treats filled with candies, I filled these with Spice Cake designer buttons, they are 1 1/2" in diameter. Wow never saw such big buttons for crafting.
1. Cut a piece of very vanilla 4 1/4" x 11 (so with a 8 1/2" x11 sheet you get two)
2. Score the very vanilla card stock at 1 1/4" and 6"
3. Stamp leaf images from the stamp set Gently Falling in Soft Suede, More Mustard, Pool Party and Pear Pizzazz on the very vanilla cut card stock.
4. Punch out an open space with a punch to showcase your candies or in my case buttons, I used the Scallop circle punch
5. Fold you pre-scored 1 1/4" very vanilla piece and attach a piece of Spice Cake Designer Series Paper that is 1" x 4"
6. You will then staple the two pieces together to create a loop like in the image above.
7. Decorate to taste, I added scraps of designer paper and folded them in accordion fold and glued them with sticky tape, I added 1 1/4" striped grosgrain ribbon in soft suede, and attached a handmade tag with the greeting that says "MERCI BIEN" from the stamp set Notes manuscrites or you can use the English version Hand-Penned Holidays and stamped a few leafs and glued them on to create a 3D image.
8. Fill cello with candy or like me with Spice Cake buttons and stick them in with sticky tape.
Supplies used to make my Spice Cake treats :
Stamp set: Gently Falling #123802(w) #123804(c), Hand-Penned Holidays #124310(w), #124312(c) or en Français Notes manuscrites #125359(w), #125361(c)
Ink: Soft Suede #115657, More Mustard #103162, Pool Party #122938 and Pear Pizzazz #119784
Card stock and paper: Spice Cake Designer Series Paper #124003, Very vanilla cardstock #101650
Accessories and tools: 1 1/4" striped grosgrain ribbon in soft suede #125060, Spice Cake Designer Buttons #124113, 3"x5" cellophane bags #103104, Linen Thread #104199, 2 3/8" Scallop circle punch #118874
I'm the last blog hop for September. If you want to go back to the beginning click HERE
Happy Friday! I hope I did good for my first blog hop, please leave a comment. I was suppose to show the inside of my album from my team meeting but will do this over the weekend as I do have another nursing training today and need to catch some ZZZzzzzzzzz:)
Happy Shopping and don't forget to check out the clearance rack!
Local to eastern Ontario or Quebec? I'm a short drive from Ottawa, Montreal and Surroundings. I'm bilingual, French and English and I'd love to stamp with You in the language of your choice!Share on Facebook